On Friday, May 27th, Jack played in his first piano recital. It was held in the Orchestra Room at the International School, and there were 23 students who participated, a few of whom were incredibly talented - inspirational. Jack's piano teacher, Oscar, comes from Mexico and is, among other things, a skilled digeridoo player - he just released a CD - Del Silencio - www.delsilencio.nl. (Yes, Palisades neighbors, just like Monte Grigio!)
Our whole family, including Jen, had front row seats for the event. Jack played 2 songs - Money Can't Buy Everything and Seaside Stroll. One was a duet with Oscar.
Being the family member who hides under the coffee table when the doorbell rings, Jack was not excited about being the center of attention. For the three weeks leading up to the event, whenever the subject of the recital came up, he moaned, "Do I haaave to go? But whhhhhyy?" We were not so sure how the evening would play out (no pun intended.). Jack was the second performer, and when his turn came, he marched right up without missing a beat, and played his songs most beautifully! We were very proud!
Jack and I spent the morning after poring through old piano music from my childhood and playing the songs together that I played in my first piano concert when I was his age. Indeed a trip down memory lane!

No comments:
Post a Comment