
We have been blessed with some really good friends…folks who have listened to us through good times and bad, who have cared for our dogs, cats, kids and relatives, and have even let us live with them for months on end. We are, truly, blessed. So, when we went to LA in August, we were pretty excited to catch up with some true friends, the Ehlers – Craig, Jackie, Jeffrey and Parker.


We’ve known the Ehlers for years, through St. Matthew’s. Parker is our Godson, and the Ehlers are Jack and Luke’s Godparents. Suffice it to say we are good friends. Jack was so excited to get to stay with Parker in LA – and play in Parker’s “Fun Zone.” I was so excited to go for a challenging walk every day with Jackie while solving the problems of the world. John and Craig were separated at birth, so they were just happy to see each other. And Luke? He found a new friend in Jeffery, who became a really great “big brother” and helper when Luke was around.

We had a great time, full of retail therapy, movies, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, but the highlight? My powdered white donut birthday tower. When I woke up on my birthday, Jackie had engineered the best thing I’d seen in months – a tower made from my favorite Donettes. Man, I love those things!

And I should also add that Jackie and Craig hosted an incredible surprise party for me that John conjured up while I wasn’t looking. (Thanks guys!!)


Here are some pictures of our stay, but the really funny part? This video (below) of the boys - but let me highlight a couple of things…
...the video starts with Jack trying to push Parker off the bean bag with his backside…an event that is completely lost on John who is encouraging Jack to smile for the camera, completely oblivious to the fact that Parker is now on the floor. Then, Parker turns into Storm Trooper, and when Luke stands up, he looks like he’s had a few too many!! At the end, you can hear Jack from the other room complaining about Parker being noisy - talk about the pot calling the kettle black! It’s classic. Hope you enjoy it. (and will someone please leave me some comments about whether you can get this video to work? It's the first time I've tried it - just click on the "Comments" word below)
Jackie and Craig, thanks again for all the hospitality. We hope to see you in Germany sometime soon…much love!

3 comments:
Hi, this is Heather's Mom. I've been enjoying your hilarious adventures. Your video worked fine.
Thanks for the note, Suzy! Isn't Heather's new website beautiful? i'm so impressed...
Me too. It seems like she's been working on it forever. All the kids are so cute! The ones of your Luke make him look like a porcelain doll. My pictures never come out like that!
Post a Comment