Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nude Recreation Possible

OK, admit it. You read this post faster than most. :)

I was recently in Amsterdam for a couple of days. Inspired by my daily swim in Austria, I woke up early and headed to the hotel pool for a few laps. The pool had a unique bridge built over the pool leading to an opaque glass door. http://www.dorint.com/en/7e2352f0-215a-cd30-7ae77d3a714269f8


On the door was the following sign:




REALLY???!!!



I spent the rest of my swim pondering it…a threat? A promise? Recreation? Possible? Why didn’t they just say “Sauna – clothing optional” or something equally benign?

Perhaps the funnier scene was actually procuring the picture you see above. Once dressed for work (our office does not offer nude recreation), I stopped by the pool on my way out of the hotel. Dressed in my suit and high heels, I crossed the bridge confidently, focused on snapping my picture, then quickly exiting before I got into trouble.

A man’s voice rang out, “Great sign, isn’t it?!”
“Yeah,” I answered, “the folks back home will love it.”

Clearly I wasn’t the only one whose mind had been captured.

2 comments:

umami photography said...

LOL... so did you ever go in?
Were there water slides back there? Could be a whole new world...

J-n-G Carpenter said...

heehee!
no, i never went in...too scared!! (but that was john's first question as well.) :)